Diploma in Audio and Music Technology (Part Time)
The Windmill Lane Recording Studio diploma in Audio and Music Technology is now available as a 1-year part-time course.
- Electronic Music Production
- Synthesizers and synthesis
- Beat creation and beat slicing
- Project: Creating a song on a Digital Audio Workstation
- Project: Using Live performance technologies
- Analogue and digital basics
- Dynamics and E.Q.
- Studio console – SSL
- Studio effects
- Recording techniques for instruments
- Recording techniques for vocals
- Project: Studio stereo recording
- Session management and workflows
- Studio multitrack recording
Pro Tools Essentials
- Avid Pro Tools 101 industry training
- Avid Pro Tools 110 Certified User
Apple Logic Essentials
- Apple 101 Logic training
Course Start Dates
This course is a direct application course. Applications are currently taken through the Application Form below. Upon receiving your application form our Admissions Team will be in contact to discuss our payment options in securing your course place.
The programme is designed for all ages and skill levels, whether you are new to the industry, looking to up-skill, or wanting to learn new skills and enhance your career options within the film industry. No industry experience is required and applicants may be accepted without formal academic qualifications.
There is no interview application for this course but we would be delighted to invite you in for a private tour of our campus; to meet our course lecturers and gain further insight into what our course has to offer.
Please see further information on the course requirements and interview process below:
General Course Requirements
- A proven interest in audio and/or music technology, and to display some interest in related creative media arts
- Basic knowledge of computers (Mac/PC, and audio software): helpful but not essential
Total Course Fee Per Year
€2,920 per year (Duration 1-year)
Flexible Payment Option
Deposit: €800 (payable upon acceptance onto the course, following interview)
Enrolment fee: €800 (payable October)
Instalments: 4 payments of €330 (Nov – Feb)