Part-Time Diploma in Music Production
Take your productions to the next level.
The team from Windmill Lane Recording Studios has designed a new programme aimed at aspiring producers. This exciting new course provides great flexibility:
- Blended learning offering live online classes that are also recorded so that you can catch up and review when it suits you.
- Choose to learn on Ableton or Logic. Users of other platforms welcome.
- Practical classes are delivered from Windmill Lane Studios. You can attend – or attend virtually as they are streamed live!
- Four music production modules take you from introductory level to advanced level.
- Includes an intensive 6 day Windmill Lane Cert in Recording and Mixing.
- Windmill Lane Certificate awarded after completing each module.
- Windmill Lane Diploma attained upon completion of all levels.
Music Production Level 1
- Introduction to Logic / Ableton (you will choose which DAW in advance of commencement)
- Recording & editing midi and audio
- Introduction to software synths
- Creating beats using Drum Machines, loops and samplers
- Intro to music basics – chords, melody and rhythm, building a song from scratch
- Intro to mics and microphone techniques (In Windmill Lane Studios)
- Introduction to audio fx plug – ins (compressors, E.Q., Reverb and delay)
- Using the mixer
Music Production Level 2
- Using software instruments:
- Drum machines
- Editing pitch and time
- Using audio processors effectively
- An introduction to mixing – premixing, monitoring, masking (In Windmill Lane Studios)
- Live performance using Ableton and Mainstage
- Importing a Movie
Windmill Lane Cert in Recording, Mixing and Mastering
6 Day intensive, Windmill Lane Studio 1 & 2
Microphone Techniques for Drums and Bass
Percussion, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Keys and Strings
Preparing for the mix- Editing, Beat detective, tips and tricks
Preparation for Mastering
Advanced Production Techniques
- Workflows for Movies – Spotting Scenes, Beat Mapping and Tempo Tracks
- Synchronisation between 2 DAWS
- Control of external MIDI devices
- Creating Orchestral Mock – ups
- Advanced Automation
- Mixing Large Ensembles and Orchestral works
- 5.1 Surround mixing (In Windmill Lane Studios)
Module 1: €400
Module 2: €400
Module 3: €1,000
Module 4: €450
Total cost: €2,250
Payment is in advance of each module.
*If you choose Logic as your DAW then you must purchase this book.