Diploma in Film Production (Part Time)
Pulse College’s Part-Time Diploma in Film Production is one of the most respected courses of its type in Ireland. The Diploma has been designed in conjunction with and run by industry professionals. In addition to in-depth training, you will get the chance to collaborate with experts and students from the Audio, Games and Animation courses within Pulse College, which fuels the production of a wide variety of professional quality work for inclusion in your final showreel.
Explore different genres, learn the technical skills, exercise your craft and most of all find your voice through film. Pulse College’s multi award winning tutors will be there to mentor you every step of the way. This hands-on, technical programme will give you the tools you need to follow your passion and make it a success.
Alumni have gone on to establish their own production companies and have produced work that has appeared at numerous international film festivals or been shortlisted for national film funding awards.
The programme is delivered by practicing industry professionals from disciplines including screenwriting, production, sound, cinematography and postproduction.
Throughout this stimulating and rewarding course, you learn a variety of technical and creative production skills. You will be challenged to produce a diversity of professional quality work from commercial productions and viral videos to music videos and documentaries.
Key Course Elements
- Shoot your projects in Ultra HD with our 4K Blackmagic URSA Cinema Camera, Canon’s Cinema Line C100, GoPro Hero 4’s and Sony PMW Ex1’s.
- Light your creations with professional ARRI and Kino Flo lighting rigs.
- Edit your projects in our post-production facility kitted out with dual 4K 28” monitors and fully specced Mac Pro.
- Colour grade and edit your creations in the industry standard DaVinci Resolve and Final Cut Pro X.
- Get that perfect shot using our Steadicam Pilot rig and full body harness.
- Break into the world of gripping with our advanced Matthews Dolly and Track system, Flag and Net kits, C-Stand inventory and much more.
Detailed Course Content
Programme modules and content are subject to ongoing quality assurance reviews and will evolve to reflect educational and industry developments.
- Short Film and Documentary Production
- Music Video Production
- Location Sound
- Post Production Sound
- Editing Techniques
- Digital Photography
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Freelance Employment in Film
The skills gained through this course will allow you to move into a variety of careers within the Film industries, as well as to progress to further study. At the end of the programme, you will have built up an extensive portfolio demonstrating expert technical, artistic and professional abilities, giving you the cutting edge needed to gain employment in this exciting and varied industry.
You will graduate with a range of industry-targeted qualifications in professional production software including Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve and Pro Tools.
On completion of this programme you will be able to progress into a variety of roles within the film and media industries spanning camera and lighting, production, post-production (sound and picture), editing, directing, distribution, costume, location and sound.
Course Start Dates
28th September 2019
This course is a direct application course. Applications are currently taken through the Application Form below. Upon receiving your application form our Admissions Team will be in contact.
The programme is designed for all ages and skill levels, whether you are new to the industry, looking to up-skill, or wanting to learn new skills and enhance your career options within the film industry. No industry experience is required and applicants may be accepted without formal academic qualifications.
There is no interview application for this course but we would be delighted to invite you in for a private tour of our campus; to meet our course lecturers and gain further insight into what our course has to offer.
Please see further information on the course requirements and interview process below:
General Course Requirements
- A proven interest in film and television production, and an interest in related creative media arts
- Basic knowledge of computers (either Mac or PC) and video/audio software will be helpful, but not essential before starting the course
Total Course Fee Per Year
€2,920 per year (2 years in duration)
Flexible Payment Option
Deposit: €800 (due before August 2019. Please note this course is based on first come, first served basis)
Enrolment Fee: €800 (payable in September)
Monthly Installments: 4 payments of €330 (Nov – Feb)