Music Production with Ableton Live – Online
LEARN HOW TO PRODUCE AND PERFORM USING ABLETON LIVE.
The team at Windmill Lane Recording Studios are the perfect team to help you master the skills to take your Ableton production and performance to the next level. We will guide you through all of the great features and functions in Ableton and show you how to develop professional workflows. Everything is covered, from how to start a project all the way through to delivering a mix to a mastering engineer! As a producer, you need to know how chords, rhythms, basslines and melodies are made. Let the Windmill Lane team show you all the tricks and tips to making professional sounding tracks and dynamic performances.
Some topics covered:
- Create beats and slice rhythms using samples, Drum Racks and Samplers
- Learn the basics of music composition: chords, melodies, and harmony to help your track evolve and develop
- Get an in – depth understanding of the Live Capabilities of the Session View, Ableton’s unique jamming facility.
Learn how to
- Edit Audio and MIDI like a pro.
- Get impact, clarity and depth in your mixes.
- Control and Perform Your Tracks in Ableton’s Session View
Week 1 : Introduction, Workflow and Simple Beats
- Software/Hardware Set-up
- The Ableton Interface
- Introduction to the Arrangement Window
- Drum Programming with Midi
- Using audio samples within Drum Racks
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, EQ Eight
- Midi Instrument: Drum Rack
Week 2 : Audio Processing and Sampling
- Recording Audio
- Importing, Editing and Processing Audio Samples.
- Warping Audio
- Effects: Gating, Compressors, Side-Chaining
- Midi Instrument: Simpler/Sampler
Week 3 : Theory Building Blocks
- Basic Music Theory
- A look a Chord Progressions
- Structuring Your Tracks
- Creating Hooks and Using Arpeggiators
- Defining Your Workflow
Week 4 : Bass/Melody and Effects
- Synth Programming with Midi
- Groove Templates
- Using Sends and Returns
- Effects: Auto filter
- Midi Instrument: Operator
Week 5 : Performing and Production Overview
- Performing with Live Session View
- Working with Scenes
- Recording Your Performance
- Retweaking and Polishing Your Tracks
- Effects: Looper, Beat-Repeat, Filter Delay, Grain Delay
- Midi Instrument: Using Instrument Rack
Week 6 : Finalising Your Tracks
- Grouping and Instrument Racks
- Automation, Parallel Compressions
- Mixing in the Box
- Bouncing Your Tracks
- Computer running Ableton Live 10 (90- day free trial available)
- A broadband internet connection
- Camera preferable but not mandatory
To apply for this exciting online course, please fill out the application form below.
Joanna will be in contact!
Eoin Smith is the Course Director for the BA (Hons) Degree in Audio and Music Technology, here at Pulse College. He has a PhD from Maynooth University and is interested in all things Computer Music. Ableton Live is one of his primary tools for composition, production and performance and he’s looking forward to taking you through all aspects of the program.
Total Fee: €350
Payable on booking.
On completion, you will be awarded a Pulse College Certificate.