Diploma in Film Production Full Time
Faculty: Film Production
Duration: 1 Year Full Time
Delivery: Blended Learning
Start Date: October 2023
Course Director: Martina Durac
Fees: Please Refer to ‘Fees’ Section Below
Certification: Pulse College Diploma
This ambitious and wide-ranging course has been designed in conjunction with experienced and award-winning industry professionals. The curriculum will combine both theory and practice, with a strong emphasis on encouraging the development of hands-on skills in all forms of media storytelling, broadcast and online.
In addition to the core subjects, masterclasses will be delivered throughout the year. Here students will be introduced to some of Ireland’s most experienced filmmakers, from cinematographers to directors, producers to editors, sound designers to art directors, all of whom will share their expertise and experience in the world of film and media. In this way, students will be connected to a network of artists, producers and practitioners.
This programme will be delivered by practicing industry professionals from disciplines including screenwriting, direction, production, sound, cinematography, production design and post-production.
Students will produce a wide variety of professional quality work, from commercial productions, viral videos to music videos, short dramas and documentaries.
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere
- Avid Pro Tools
- Adobe Photoshop
- DaVinci Resolve
Key Course Elements
- Write and develop your screenplays for short dramas
- Develop, shoot and complete short dramas
- Explore the world of creative documentary and make your projects
- Discover the elements of successful music videos and create your own
- Learn the core skills of industry heads of department such as cinematographer, sound
- recordist, editor, producer, director
- Editing your projects in one of the many editing labs
- Shoot your projects in Ultra HD using a variety of cameras: 4K Blackmagic URSA Cinema
- Camera, Canon Cinema Line C100, GoPro Hero 4 and Sony PMW Ex1
- Professional ARRI and Kino Flo lighting rigs
- Edit your projects in our postproduction facility kitted out with duel 4K 28” monitors
- Colour grade and edit your creations in the industry-standard DaVinci Resolve
- Break into the world of gripping with our advanced Matthews Dolly and Track system, Flag and Net kits, C-Stand inventory and much more
DETAILED COURSE CONTENT
- Short Film and Documentary Production
- Producing for the film & television industries
- Production Design
- Music Video Production
- Location Sound
- Post Production Sound
- Editing Techniques
- Digital Photography
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Da Vinci Resolve
- Final Cut Pro, Level 200
Programme modules and content are subject to on going quality assurance reviews and will evolve to reflect educational and industry developments.
On completion of this programme, you will be able to progress into a variety of roles within the film and media industries including producing and directing, camera and lighting, sound, editing and sound design.
You will also be in an excellent position to progress to further study. At the end of the the programme, you will have built up an extensive portfolio demonstrating your technical, artistic and professional abilities, giving you the cutting edge needed to gain employment in this exciting and varied industry.
You will also graduate with a range of industry-targeted skills in industry software, as listed above.
Got a question?
HOW TO APPLY
This course is a direct application course and includes an interview.
Applications are taken through the Application Form below. Upon receiving your application form our admissions Team will contact you to schedule your course interview.
The programme is designed for all ages (over 17 years of age) and skill levels, whether you are new to the industry, looking to up-skill, or wanting to learn new skills and enhance your career options within the film industry. No industry experience is required and applicants may be accepted without formal academic qualifications.
A proven interest in film and television production, and an interest in related creative media Arts. Basic knowledge of computers (either Mac or PC) and video/audio software will be helpful, but not essential before starting the course.
This course requires an informal interview as part of your application.
Total Course Fee
Flexible Payment Option
Deposit: €800 (payable upon acceptance onto the course, following interview)
Enrolment Fee: €3,500 (payable in September)
Installments: 4 payments of €672.5 (Oct – Jan)
This course is not recognised on the ILEP and therefore not available for international student application.