Springboard+ Certificate in Animation
Animation employers seek employees who possess the latest animation techniques and technology skills, led by entrepreneurial capability. Technical skills learned must be blended with softer, business-world skills combined with an excellent portfolio that showcases individual creativity.
Designed in collaboration with industry partners, our Springboard+ part-time courses in Animation are for learners who wish to develop specific knowledge, skills and competence for the Animation Industry. This course is developed and taught by practicing industry professionals to ensure that participants receive the very highest levels of training.
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
A key part of the course involves producing a portfolio of work and developing entrepreneurship skills that will help participants get into the exciting and growing Irish and international animation industry.
Upon successful completion of the Springboard+ Certificate and BA in Animation, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the animation pipeline and its central role in animation production, confidently referring to the work of key practitioners, communicating a developed knowledge of animation concepts and vocabulary
- Confidently create and manipulate 2D and 3D art and using animation principles to create concepts and animatic in the work environment
- Demonstrate ability in the manipulation of animation production software through the regular use of industry standard tools, presenting original art and animations
- Competently apply the requisite knowledge, concepts and tools of enquiry at the forefront of animation pre-production and production
- Demonstrate reflective thinking when it comes to producing animations, both with and without the use of animation technology
- Pursue academic progression from the Certificate to further study in animation production and/or related animation industry areas
For the first time, Springboard+ has been expanded to include those already in employment who wished to upskill or reskill to meet specific emerging skills needs.
The programme is open to the following categories of applicants:
- The Unemployed or formerly Self-employed
- Those already in Employment
For more information on the Springboard+ process and if you are eligible, please check out the FAQ’s here or use the Enquiry Form on this page to speak to one of our Springboard Admissions Staff.
“The Pulse College Springboard course in Animation has been a great experience for me. Having studied animation a long time ago, the course offered the opportunity to upskill to the latest technologies in use within the industry. For anyone looking to upskill, reskill or even if you’re starting out I would highly recommend this course”
“The Springboard Animation course at Pulse College is excellent for anyone hoping to venture into a career in animation. The tutors are supportive and enthusiastic and are on hand to advise about the production of a portfolio with a view to seeking work. The course is enjoyable and a good base to make contacts within the animation field”
To apply for the course, you must visit the Springboard website, register your account and then complete the application form on the Springboard site for the Pulse College Certificate in Animation. Once completed, our Springboard Admissions Team will be able to process your application and respond directly to you.
Please ensure that you have set up a Springboard Account at www.springboardcourses.ie