CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE TO PULSE COLLEGE
- Any student accepting a place on the course is bound by the rules/conditions of the college, which can be found in our handbook.
- Failure to abide by the rules of the conditions may, at the discretion of the college, result in the immediate expulsion from the college.
- If a student is expelled, for any given reason, fees are non refundable.
- All courses require a minimum number of students in order to commence. Failure to reach these numbers will result in any fees paid deferred to the next academic year or refunded if so requested.
CONDITIONS OF ENROLLMENT
- Regular attendance on a programme of this nature, where assessment is on a continuous basis, is an absolute must. Throughout the year students who miss more than 15 days including half days will not be permitted to sit the final written exams unless the college, at their discretion, decides otherwise.
- For absence through illness, you must produce a doctor / medical certificate. If you are currently suffering from any medical condition, it is vital that you inform the college immediately. Any other legitimate absence must be notified in writing to the College Registrar prior to the class being affected.
- Students should note that the college will report any absence to interested parties. For example, fee payer, parents, supporting employers and training agencies.
- Your personal attendance is recorded. Continuous absence in any one module without written explanation causes you to be classified as an inactive student and you must attend a meeting with the College Board to determine your place on this course.
- Completion of assignments by the due date given is vital. Timing and pacing of assessment work is imperative and you will receive help with this. Importantly, you are in control and responsible for the safe storage of your course data and projects.
- All hardware equipment will be supplied by the College. However, you are required to supply your own headphones and one Hard-Drive to save your assignments onto.
- From the payment of your deposit, you have committed yourself to pay all tuition fees for the course you have been accepted onto. It is essential that you keep to the payment plan you have agreed with the Administrator (Martina Halligan). Failure to keep up with payments may result in you being asked to leave the course. If you choose to leave the course you are still liable for the full cost of the tuition fees. If you are experiencing financial problems, please seek an immediate meeting with the Administrator to discuss your options.
- If you are under the age of 18 you need to have a parent or guardian sign below also.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST STUDENTS IF THEY:
- Disrupt or interfere with the education or learning of fellow Students.
- Ignore any regulations intended to ensure Health & Safety.
- Behave in a racist, sexist or discriminatory manner.
- Cause malicious damage to, or theft of, the property of other Students, Staff, Visitors, or College.
- Intimidate, bully or cause physical harm to others.
- Gain unauthorised access to, or make modification to, College files or computer materials.
- Submit materials or work for assessment which has not been made or authored by the individual.
- Consume or possess toxic, dangerous or controlled substances.
- Enter any part of the College to which the Student is not entitled to access.
- Failure to meet agreed payment methods.
The information in this website is intended as a general guide to the courses and facilities of Pulse College.
Although the information provided is believed to be correct, the College reserves the right to make changes to the content or delivery of courses, or the facilities and resources which support them. The website is intended as a guide and does not form any part of any contract between Pulse College and the student.
The College will endeavour to run all courses as advertised. However, we reserve the right to cancel courses which do not attract sufficient numbers. In this unlikely event, students who have enrolled will be offered the option to transfer to another suitable programme or entitled to a full refund. In the case of Galway programmes, students will be transferred to the Dublin facility. Pulse College also reserves the right to re-schedule the start dates of all courses and if necessary to vary the content, delivery and facilities.
The College reserves the right to require any student whose academic progress is unsatisfactory or who fails in an examination to withdraw from the College.