Puppet Fabrication for Stop Motion
Want to know more about stop motion animation?
Our new Puppet Fabrication with Jennifer Kidd course is the place to start.
Learn how and why different model making techniques are used. Discover the importance of puppet fabrication in relation to animation and how to create a puppet that is not only visually appealing, but animation ready.
- build wire armature and use K&S for replacement hands and head.
- sculpt and dress your puppet head from balsa wood and cover in felt
- create a skull cap and a custom fit removable wig for your puppet with rig points for animation.
- design and build your puppet from foam and latex.
- draw clothing patterns and create clothing for your puppet in addition to learning what materials is best used on puppets and where to source them.
- build hands and replacement hands for your puppet.
- leave rig points for animation.
- designs, build and rig shoes for your puppet that can be replaced.
- create eyelids and replacement mouths so your puppet can express and talk.
Detailed Course Content
- Aluminium Wire
- Magic Sculpt
- Balsa Wood
- Knife Handle
- Pack of Blades
- Design Sheet
- Rooting needles
- Scaled fabric
- Needles and thread
- Resin glue
- Mixing sticks
- Mixing cups
- Jointed armature
- Nuts and wing nuts
- K&S prepared and cut
- UHU glue
- Tacky Wax
- Fabric Glue
- Fabric Stiffener
- Allen Keys
Course Start Dates
Start Date – December 5th & 12th – January 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th
Duration – Saturdays for six weeks
Class Time – 10am – 5pm
Tutor - Jennifer Kidd
Total Cost: €550
Deposit: €100 (Please note, deposit is non-refundable)
Balance: €450 (payable on start date of course)